Interpretation of the Code of Practice for Food Safety in Ca
I. Background of the publication of the Code of Food Safety Operation for Catering Services
In order to protect public health and life safety, the Food Safety Law was adopted at the 7th meeting of the 11th National People's Congress Standing Committee on February 28, 2009, and was officially implemented on June 1, 2009; July 8, 2009 The State Council passed the Regulations on the Implementation of the Food Safety Law. The Food Safety Law and its implementation regulations clearly stipulate that the State Food and Drug Administration shall supervise and manage the catering service activities, and establish the basic guidelines for catering service licensing and supervision, catering service behavior, internal management of catering service units, and health management of employees. Relevant systems such as inspection records, regular inspection of stocked foods, use of food additives, and disposal of food safety accidents have established the basic framework for food safety supervision systems for catering services.
In order to fully implement the requirements of the Food Safety Law and its implementation regulations, further standardize the catering service activities and effectively protect the public's food safety. After the State Food and Drug Administration fulfills its new duties of catering service supervision, it adheres to the principle of combining inheritance and innovation. In accordance with the requirements of administration by law, we will vigorously strengthen institutional development and actively improve the regulatory system. On March 4, 2010, the Measures for the Administration of Catering Service Licensing and the Measures for the Supervision and Administration of Food Safety of Catering Services were issued and implemented on May 1st, which caused widespread concern in the whole society. The central and local media made extensive publicity reports. .
In order to further strengthen food safety management of catering services, standardize catering service operations, and ensure consumer food safety, according to the Food Safety Law, the Food Safety Law Implementation Regulations, the catering service license management measures, and the catering service food safety supervision. Recently, the State Food and Drug Administration has issued and issued the Code of Practice for Food Safety of Catering Services (hereinafter referred to as the “Specifications”).
Second, the significance of the publication of the "norm"
The "Specifications" is a further refinement of the two measures of the "Measures for the Administration of Catering Services Licensing" and "Measures for the Supervision and Administration of Food Safety of Catering Services", and is more operable. The "Code" is not only the basic requirements and behavioral norms that must be observed in the operation of catering service units, but also the on-site inspection guide for food and drug supervision departments to implement food safety supervision of catering services. The two measures and the implementation of the "Regulations" are important measures for the food and drug supervision departments to further strengthen the food safety supervision of catering services, which will certainly promote the scientific, standardized and institutionalized work of food safety supervision in China's catering services. Improve the level of food safety and security for catering services. It is of great significance to standardize the operation of catering services, strengthen the food safety supervision of catering services, prevent food safety accidents, and promote the healthy development of the catering service industry.
Third, the main features of the "Specifications"
(1) Formulated according to law and authoritative. The "Regulations" are formulated in strict accordance with the requirements of laws, regulations and rules such as the Food Safety Law, the Implementation Regulations of the Food Safety Law, the Measures for the Administration of Catering Service Licensing, and the Measures for the Supervision and Administration of Food Safety of Catering Services. And it is seamlessly linked with the relevant provisions of the Food Safety Law. For example, Article 3 of the first catering service provider is the first person responsible for food safety of the unit, and has overall responsibility for the food safety of the unit; Encourage catering service providers to establish and implement advanced food safety management systems; Chapter 2 refers to food safety management agencies, personnel setting requirements, responsibilities, etc.; XX. Purchase and acceptance requirements, procurement of food, food additives, food Relevant products shall comply with the relevant requirements of the relevant food safety standards and regulations of the State, and shall be subject to inspection and acceptance. Foods prohibited from production and operation as stipulated in Article 28 of the Food Safety Law and the Law on Quality and Safety of Agricultural Products shall be purchased. Article 138 stipulates that edible agricultural products that cannot be sold; Article 40 records management requirements, the relevant records shall be changed from at least 12 months to 2 years.
(2) Strengthening responsibility and highlighting safety. The "Code" implements the relevant provisions and requirements of the "Food Safety Law", and more clearly highlights the word "safety". The ultimate goal is to "protect the public's physical health and life safety." Article 3 of the Food Safety Law stipulates that food production and business operators shall engage in production and business activities in accordance with laws, regulations and food safety standards, be responsible to the society and the public, ensure food safety, accept social supervision, and assume social responsibilities. Article 3 of the "Regulations" further stipulates that the legal representative, responsible person or owner of the catering service provider is the first responsible person of the food safety of the unit and assumes overall responsibility for the food safety of the unit. More emphasis on corporate legal persons must establish the awareness of the first responsible person of food safety, which is conducive to restricting the strict self-discipline and integrity management of catering service units. In the second chapter, the Code clearly requires large-scale restaurants (including large restaurants), school canteens, chain-operated catering service enterprises, and group meal distribution units. Food safety management agencies should be set up and full-time food safety management personnel should be provided; other catering services Enterprises should be equipped with part-time food safety management personnel; and make clear requirements for the duties of food safety management agencies and personnel, and put forward basic requirements for food safety management personnel.
(3) Scientific inheritance, with continuity. While implementing the new requirements of food safety laws and regulations, the food and drug supervision department has absorbed and continued the content of the “Sanitary Standards for Catering Industry and Group Dining Delivery Units” formulated by the past health administrative departments, focusing on maintaining the supervision of catering services. The continuity of the catering service unit is suitable for the changes of the new regulatory system and is conducive to the integration and stability of the food and drug supervision team.
(4) Advance with the times and be innovative. On the basis of inheriting the original "norms" and combining with the new situation, new tasks and new requirements of current food safety supervision, the "Regulations" were adjusted to five chapters and forty-six articles on the basis of the original six chapters and forty-three articles. Scientific and reasonable, the relevant content is more centralized and logical, and rigorous. New terms such as catering services, catering service providers, catering service formats, and freshly squeezed beverages have distinctive characteristics of the times. Article 4 of the "Regulations" stipulates that catering service providers are encouraged to establish and implement advanced food safety management systems. It clearly reflects the food and drug regulatory authorities' advancing with the times, pioneering and innovative regulatory ideas, and guiding the establishment and implementation of catering service units. HACCP, 5S and other advanced food safety management systems adhere to the principle of prevention, supervision and guidance, and adhere to the modern management concept of scientific supervision. Article 5 stipulates that the use of scientific and healthy diets is encouraged, and catering service providers are encouraged to provide consumers with conditions for healthy eating such as meal breaks. Advocating scientific diet and providing meal sharing conditions are the first time to be included in the national normative documents.
(5) The content is refined and operational. The "Specifications" is a further refinement of the two measures of the "Measures for the Administration of Catering Service Licensing" and "Measures for the Supervision and Administration of Food Safety of Catering Services", which are more clear, specific, and easy to implement, and enhance the operability of various systems. For example, in the formulation and implementation of the processing procedures in Chapter 19 of the fourth chapter, “the catering service provider shall educate and train the employees to operate in accordance with the processing and operation procedures to ensure compliance with food safety requirements”; Article 22 Added “cooked products that need to be refrigerated, should be cooled as soon as possible and then refrigerated. Cooling should be carried out in the clean operation area, and the processing time should be marked; the seasoning utensils used for cooking should be cleaned daily, and then covered or smashed after use. The cover shall not be in contact with the ground or dirt; the edges and dishes of the dishes shall be clean and fresh without spoilage and deterioration, and shall not be used after recycling." Article 36 In the food sample retention request, a school canteen, a canteen in a construction site, and a one-time dinner with more than 100 people are added as sample retention cases, and a record is required. Article 43: In the complaint acceptance request, the “food service provider shall promptly verify the food when it receives a consumer complaint abnormality or suspicious deterioration food. If there is any abnormality, it shall be promptly replaced and the food preparation personnel shall be made to make it. Corresponding treatment and inspection of similar foods."
(6) Classification of business forms, which is scientific. The scientific division of catering service formats is conducive to classification supervision and guidance. According to the scale of catering service operations, the “Regulations” scientifically divide catering service units into restaurants according to the use area, number of dining seats, food varieties, business model, and service targets (large restaurants, large restaurants, medium-sized restaurants, small Restaurants, fast food restaurants, snack bars, beverage shops, canteens, group dining delivery units, central kitchens, six different formats. The scientific division of catering service formats is conducive to the establishment of a quantitative grading system for food safety supervision and management of catering services, and effective implementation of classified supervision. The food and drug supervision department can actively explore the classification and supervision methods and increase the supervision of catering service units in accordance with the supervision ideas of “catch demonstrations for large and medium-sized catering service units and standardization for small catering units”.
Fourth, do a good job in the "standards" propaganda and implementation and related training
(1) Actively carrying out the propaganda and implementation of the "Code"
The food and drug supervision departments at all levels should proceed from the height of thoroughly implementing the scientific development concept and vigorously practicing the concept of scientific supervision, fully understand the importance of implementing the "norms", and make the promotion and implementation of the "norms" a current priority. Overall planning, scientific arrangements, various forms, linkages, and extensive publicity. Give full play to the role of various media propaganda positions, strengthen communication with the news and other departments, and strive for the support of mass media such as newspapers, radio, television and the Internet, and create favorable conditions and environment for the publicity work. Through the holding of training courses, symposiums, knowledge talks or competitions, etc., the rapid development of learning, propaganda and implementation of the "norms". It is necessary to further enhance the food safety awareness of catering service units through in-depth publicity, further improve the catering service units' awareness of business operations, encourage catering service units to continuously strengthen their own management, and further improve the administrative enforcement level of catering service supervisors.
(2) Seriously organize relevant training
The food and drug supervision departments at all levels shall, in accordance with the unified arrangements and requirements of the national bureaus, list the “Regulations” as the key training content in 2011, formulate a unified training plan, and conduct a systematic training for catering service units in the administrative region. Food safety supervisors at all levels of catering services conduct a round of training.
Previous：Interpretation of food animal blood standards: making cheap